Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: N-800F crossover?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member chameloman72's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2009
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    N-800F crossover?

    Hello, does anybody know the capacitor values in the N-800F crossover? Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N-800F crossover?

    I believe they're 10.5 & 4uf.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member chameloman72's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2009
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N-800F crossover?

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    I believe they're 10.5 & 4uf.
    Can I use a 10 & 4uf? Thanks

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N-800F crossover?

    You could even use a 100 & a 40, it just wouldn't work the same.

    To get 10.5, just parallel a 7.5 and a 3, or any other convenient combination that sums to 10.5.

    You're welcome.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member chameloman72's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2009
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N-800F crossover?

    Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    You could even use a 100 & a 40, it just wouldn't work the same.

    To get 10.5, just parallel a 7.5 and a 3, or any other convenient combination that sums to 10.5.

    You're welcome.
    Pardon my ignorance, but that means twist each end of the caps together right? Thanks

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N-800F crossover?

    Yep, bodies side-by-side, leads from one end twist together, and leads from the other end twist together. Two become one.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member chameloman72's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2009
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: N-800F crossover?

    OK....WTF? I have never seen a crossover like this! Which cap is what? Why is one soldered to both + leads and one to both _ leads? HELP!!!!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: N-800F crossover?

    Quote Originally Posted by chameloman72 View Post
    OK....WTF? I have never seen a crossover like this! Which cap is what? Why is one soldered to both + leads and one to both _ leads? HELP!!!!!!
    Hi here is a schematic of the N-800F XO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.